You can choose to study in Canada on a short placement (2-3 months) or for one semester. Gap year students are welcome to apply but must be no older than 18 years prior to departure. If you arrive in January or September, you will have the option of enjoying a 3-4 day orientation in Toronto which includes sightseeing and cultural learning lessons.
You will be placed in one of the following school districts:
- Near North District School Board (Ontario)
- Bluewater District School Board (Ontario)
- Upper Canada District School Board (Ontario)
- Nipissing Parry Sound Catholic District School Board (Ontario)
- School District of Whiteshell (Manitoba)
- Lorde Selkirk School Division (Manitoba)
Specialty schools and programmes (such as music, arts, sport, IB, AP) are available upon request. Please note specialty schools will incur additional fees. Students will most likely be placed in lowly-populated suburbs or residential areas, although they may be placed in cities. All of our host families are carefully vetted for safety and suitability. We conduct home interviews, inspections, and police checks to ensure our students are placed in a secure and supportive living environment.